So, you've got the fiancè and the guest list (hooray!) but now you're tasked with possibly the most important decision of planning a wedding: picking a wedding venue. Picking a wedding venue can be one of the easiest decisions if you know what you are looking for, or it can be one of the most difficult decisions if you have no idea where to start. If you are one of those people who have no idea where to start, here are a few pointers on helping you select your perfect venue:
- Some event spaces fill up their available dates a year (or even two) in advance (or at least all the good ones do!).
- Search on WeddingWire.com or TheKnot.com for wedding venues in the location you are looking to get married for a starting point, but we always think that referrals are the best. Ask your friends or family members of venues they have been to that they enjoyed.
- Think about your theme and the vibes you are going for the day of the wedding. Rustic-chic? Classic? Retro? Try to envision your day at the venue.
- ALWAYS tour the property prior to signing, and bring along your fiancè, and a few other helpers (Mother of the Bride, Maid of Honor, etc).
- Take into consideration all the different factors:
- Outdoor vs. indoor space
- Traditional vs. non-traditional
- Max. number of guests?
- What comes with the space? (seating, tables, tableware, etc.)
- Is a coordinator included in the price?
- Is there an extra charge for anything? Some venues charge more to have the ceremony there, some venues charge extra to have a tent there, etc.
If you haven't already, consider hiring a wedding planner to help sift through the nitty gritty details of the big day to make sure it is exactly what you want. Selecting a wedding venue can be time consuming and scary if you don't know they right type of questions to ask. Contact us today if you are unsure about your wants and needs, Events by J & J is here to help!